Re: ieee_arithmetic

Herman D. Knoble <SkipKnobleLESS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In Fortran 95/2003 Explained, Section 11.93 Elemental functions
indicates a use statement: use ieee-arithmetic
Question: Does anyone know of a Fortran Compiler which
implements this ieee environment (use and functions)?

I don't have a handy list, but it was my unverified impression that
quite a few of the compilers did this one by now - particularly for the
trivial things like ieee_is_nan. I agree with Rich Townsend that this
information would be a good thing to collect somewhere.

--
Richard Maine | Good judgement comes from experience;
domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain

  • Re: Numeric literals
    ... Herman D. Knoble wrote: ... > -|since the first space is between the period and a digit and not two ... > Herman D. Knoble, ... > Penn State University ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: ALLOCATABLE arrays
    ... In article, Herman D. ... >Lawson: Apologies if I misunderstand you post here. ... >Skip Knoble, Penn State ... >-|that the shape of an automatic array must rely on an argument to the ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Lowercase
    ... Herman D. Knoble wrote: ... Back in December 2001 Richard Maine posted a standard Fortran 90 code that ... Given that this was written by RM, I'd be surprised if that's' a correct reading! ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Select case restrictions
    ... "Herman D. Knoble" wrote in message ... the program was helpless to trap invalid input at run-time, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Floating Point Representation
    ... Herman D. Knoble wrote: ... > I apologize if I missed a posting on this. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)