Re: Ten Commandments for Fortran Programming?

Richard Edgar wrote:
Again, I'd say that this is more of a general programming tip. And I'd
say in a _logical_ place, rather than one place. For example, I have a
"Kinds" module (for selected_real_kinds), a mathematical constants
module (for pi etc.), a physical constants module etc.
[...]
All modules will contain an unqualified PRIVATE statement

Personally, I don't think the requirement for an unqualified PRIVATE statement should apply to modules like the ones mentioned above, where the intent of the module -- as a repository for globally-meaningful parameters -- clearly precludes it having any private components....

- Brooks