Re: compare Fortran modules

beliavsky@xxxxxxx wrote:
In comparing two versions of a Fortran module, I would like to know
which procedures in file A
(1) are not found in file B, and vice versa
(2) differ from those with the same name in file B.

I know of the "fc" command on Windows, but I want something higher
level. I could do this in Python, but maybe someone already has, in
Python or some other language.

The unix diff command is much more powerful than fc, maybe
infinitely more. (That is, zero for fc.)

There are ports to windows, such as the one at:
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ and maybe also
in the Microsoft Services for Unix, available free
from microsoft.com.

The -w option, to ignore changes is white space, is sometimes
useful.

-- glen

  • Re: difference between random module in python 2.6 and 3.2?
    ... work same on python 2.6 and python 3.2? ... because there is a small but nonzero chance that two runs don't differ. ... Anyhow, afterwards, sort the results again and verify that it was just the order that differs. ... hack the random module into something nonrandom ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: problem using differ
    ... > trouble using the differ object. ... For some reason, Python doesn't recognize ... Beautiful is better than ugly.') ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: direct initialization of class attributes vs. declarations w/in __init__
    ... must admit, your last statement is a bit snide and certainly not ... behavior could be different, even if the python versions would differ ... Frederik (as one of the most profiled python developers out there) might ... Although he dropped what I perceived to be a snide and unhelpful ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Python vs. Io
    ... You're not only using Python syntax, ... There are plenty of cases in anyone's Python code where a plain ... function could have been a method of its parameter, or vice versa, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: ANN: CLPython
    ... Having Python bindings to Lisp and vice versa makes sense but all the announcement said was an implementation of Python in Lisp. ... Hey, Franz tech support is great, but you do not see me citing Franz on the Cells page. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)