Re: compare Fortran modules

beliavsky@xxxxxxx wrote:
In comparing two versions of a Fortran module, I would like to know
which procedures in file A
(1) are not found in file B, and vice versa
(2) differ from those with the same name in file B.

I know of the "fc" command on Windows, but I want something higher
level. I could do this in Python, but maybe someone already has, in
Python or some other language.

The unix diff command is much more powerful than fc, maybe
infinitely more. (That is, zero for fc.)

There are ports to windows, such as the one at:
http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/ and maybe also
in the Microsoft Services for Unix, available free
from microsoft.com.

The -w option, to ignore changes is white space, is sometimes
useful.

-- glen
.