Re: Assumed-size arrays and intent(out)

David Rowe wrote in message <1163673991.056478.195060@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>...

Thanks to all who replied. Apologies if my original post didn't make
my concerns clear - it was the later elements of the actual argument
array that I was worried about invalidating. Based on what's been
said, I'm proposing to do the following

subroutine sub43(f, neq)
real, dimension(2), intent(in out):: f
integer, intent(out):: neq

end subroutine

i.e. I can use dimension(2) instead of dimension(*) for my dummy
argument,

This is invalid, for the reasons that I have in previous posts.

  • Re: Time stamp ruing plots!
    ... apologies for lack of detail in original post. ... Rather than frigging around with converting hour, min, sec why not ... process (necessary because not all the labels are the same size). ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: Troubling Societal Aspect Of The VT Shootings
    ... intersted in making snarky comments or changing the meaning of my ... words in order to construct some bullshit strawman. ... This looks like one of those "It wasn't my fault" apologies. ... let's ignore any confrontational attitudes in your original post. ...
    (rec.sport.football.college)
  • Re: For UK Members: TV Opera Hell
    ... Truly my absolutely favorite type of obfuscation...so no apologies ... Sorry I missed the Dr. Phibes thingy...which is fine ... Already had midmorning anthrax on a doughnut...downed with Starbuck's ... original post, in which RMO's "wonderful crew" Brit contingent [copyright ...
    (rec.music.opera)
  • Re: Blue & White Ethernet problem
    ... >> B&W seems to ignore what I tell it, and then lie about it in the Prefs ... Ooops. ... My apologies to the OP. ... I looked back to the original post and ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: square meters Re: Olympic question(s)
    ... Apologies. ... I usually try to go back and check the original post but I ... must have missed it on this occasion. ... think he's the sort of person who wouldn't find it strange or ...
    (alt.usage.english)