Re: Gfortran 2006 Year End Status Report

Steven G. Kargl wrote:
Gfortran has achieved many milestones this year and hopefully the
contributors can continue to move forward with bug fixes, conformance
to Fortran 95 standard, and the implementation of Fortran 2003 features.

I'd like to congratulate the gfortran developers on a major effort. For the
first time gfortran was able to compile the CASTEP ab-initio materials modelling
code in 2006. It even seems to run fairly zippily and stands up well in comparison
with other (free and commercial) compilers.

I looked on the Wiki for a statement of the degree of conformance to F95, but couldn't
find one. Can you post a summary of what is still missing or not working in
F95?

Thanks for all your efforts.

Keith Refson

--
Dr Keith Refson,
Building R3

  • Re: finding available kind values, precisions and exponent ranges
    ... my files an extension that indicates in what Fortran standard ... If my intention was to write a Fortran 95 ... conforming source file, then i add .f95. ... to write Fortran 90, then I use .f90. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: I have Intel Fortran 2011 XE Composer - but how do i compile a F95 program
    ... While the advice of renaming the file might be ok for the Intel compiler, ... and you're right that F95 is not that different from F90, ... caution that it's not a good general practice to always use .f90. ... Visit the Fortran Cafe at http://ibm.com/rational/cafe ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Crazy Problem
    ... > It's not in the standard anywhere - the standard does not talk about how the ... I would still use an .f95 suffix ... unlike the Lahey f95 compiler and also, soon, the PGI f95 compiler. ... Fortran has two incompatible source forms and does not define a way ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: ISO_C_BINDING and unsigned integers ?
    ... seemed to encourage users to freely mix INTEGER and LOGICAL data ... All this means that you can't enforce standard conformance because ... and to write Fortran as though it were C. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)