Re: gfortran and cpp

In article <2N6dnZqbvoEBcwDYnZ2dnUVZ_sapnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxx>,
glen herrmannsfeldt <gah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Brooks Moses wrote:

(snip)

He is, but then, so do the source-form options in GFortran. "-x f77"
means fixed form, "-x f95" means free form. This could definitely be
improved, but I don't know of a good short way to say "fixed-form
fortran" to fit in the option to replace it with. Much less "fixed-form
fortran with cpp". Suggestions?

How about -x fixed and -x free? Slightly longer, but more obvious.

This is a generic option from GCC. Your suggestions would need to
be something like -x fortran-fixed-form and -x fortran-free-form.

`-x LANGUAGE'
Specify explicitly the LANGUAGE for the following input files
(rather than letting the compiler choose a default based on the
file name suffix). This option applies to all following input
files until the next `-x' option. Possible values for LANGUAGE
are:
c c-header c-cpp-output
c++ c++-header c++-cpp-output
objective-c objective-c-header objective-c-cpp-output
objective-c++ objective-c++-header objective-c++-cpp-output
assembler assembler-with-cpp
ada
f95 f95-cpp-input
java
treelang

An alternative is to read the gfortran documentation, and then rename
the file with a .F or .F90 suffix.

--
Steve
http://troutmask.apl.washington.edu/~kargl/

  • Re: how to solve such trouble
    ... Im extremaly untidy or something but writing ... solid mastery of your own native language. ... given that English is not your first ... what you find good - if you find free form as good the obvious be to ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Guide to Fortran 2003 Programming (OT)
    ... blank in free form, but I don't remember what it is. ... the language syntax between fixed and free form. ... particularly without significant blanks. ... I added the necessary restriction to the standard. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: writing problem in fort
    ... i have a problem in writing a statement in fort file ... in continuation without any break. ... Fixed form versus free form source code ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Guide to Fortran 2003 Programming (OT)
    ... enhancement of an unstructured feature at a time when the full suite ... language. ... form statements. ... into fixed form. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: how to solve such trouble
    ... There is no such thing as "free form" writing - you either write ... regardless of their language - and it is something ... But imo you should not impose it on the people like me who do belive in free form ... (aside that imo general courtesy it to 'accept' many varietes of life ...
    (comp.lang.c)