Re: Looking for a good Fortran 90/95 text for beginners

Mark Westwood wrote:

Steal a copy of Fortran 90 Programming by Ellis, Philips and Lahey, or,
if your commitment to freedom of information doesn't extend to theft,
Google around, you'll find useful sites like this:

Ignore all advice to learn FORTRAN77 from free sources.

Since FORTRAN 77 is a subset and everything save for one or two things is in Fortran 90, it is a useful source of information. I would advocate a modern style, modern features, etc., but he asked for a free book and that's the only one I'm aware of.

yair999@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Free if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Gary Scott
mailto:garylscott@sbcglobal dot net

***** 5 Jan: Back from 7 days in Cozumel! *****

Fortran Library:

Support the Original G95 Project:
Support the GNU GFortran Project:

If you want to do the impossible, don't hire an expert because he knows it can't be done.

-- Henry Ford