Re: Looking for a good Fortran 90/95 text for beginners

Mark Westwood wrote:

Yar

Steal a copy of Fortran 90 Programming by Ellis, Philips and Lahey, or,
if your commitment to freedom of information doesn't extend to theft,
Google around, you'll find useful sites like this:

http://www.liv.ac.uk/HPC/F90page.html

Ignore all advice to learn FORTRAN77 from free sources.

Since FORTRAN 77 is a subset and everything save for one or two things is in Fortran 90, it is a useful source of information. I would advocate a modern style, modern features, etc., but he asked for a free book and that's the only one I'm aware of.

Regards

Mark

yair999@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Free if possible.

Thanks for any help.

Yair

--

Gary Scott
mailto:garylscott@sbcglobal dot net

***** 5 Jan: Back from 7 days in Cozumel! *****

Fortran Library: http://www.fortranlib.com

Support the Original G95 Project: http://www.g95.org
-OR-
Support the GNU GFortran Project: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/index.html

If you want to do the impossible, don't hire an expert because he knows it can't be done.

-- Henry Ford