Re: ANSI escape sequences Visual Fortran 6.6.0

e p chandler wrote:
On Feb 1, 5:14 am, "Arjen Markus" <arjen.mar...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 1 feb, 08:20, JackRnl <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

I would like to compile and use an old F77 programm using Visual Fortran
professional v6.6.0
This programm uses ANSI escape sequences to position and color certain
texts on the screen.
I'm running windows 2000 professional.
Is it still possible to make those escape sequences show up like in 'the
old days'.
If so what do I need to do?

I have just looked at the code of a program that I know is capable of
doing
this - it uses system calls like SetConsoleTextAttribute(). You might
need
to use such functions to get this functionality nowadays.

Regards,

Arjen

AFAIK, on Windows systems based on NT such as NT, 2000 & XP:

1. ANSI.SYS is loaded using a line in CONFIG.NT not CONFIG.SYS.
2. Escape sequences only work for 16 bit (DOS) programs not 32 bit
programs.
3. Invoking the program from inside COMMAND.COM instead of CMD.EXE
makes no difference.

Based on work done on an old project previously described in this
newsgroup, I would bet that Gary Scott has code using Windows API
calls that set text attributes or cursor position.

I created a utility library called ezconsole that works for CVF 6 and MSFPS 4 (two sets of dlls, one for each compiler). I never got around to extending it to Lahey and Absoft after I resumed studies and had to resort to legal action on a rental property and...(excuses excuses) (also didn't finish the new GUI features for creating dialog boxes (some simple ones are there), and a nifty API error reporting scheme). But it is quite full featured relative to console applications and the API is very simple to use (it can also be intermixed with fortran writes in CVF unlike some other methods but I don't recall whether that works in MSFPS).

http://www.fortranlib.com/ezann.html

It does not include source code, but there is a fairly detailed pdf user manual with it. If you want source code I can email it.

-- Elliot

--

Gary Scott
mailto:garylscott@sbcglobal dot net

***** 5 Jan: Back from 7 days in Cozumel! *****

Fortran Library: http://www.fortranlib.com

Support the Original G95 Project: http://www.g95.org
-OR-
Support the GNU GFortran Project: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/index.html

If you want to do the impossible, don't hire an expert because he knows it can't be done.

-- Henry Ford

  • Re: [Suche] Eine sichere IPC
    ... Mein Programm in VB6 war im Grunde _nur API. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.programming)
  • Re: Funktionsweise von =?UTF-8?Q?ausf=C3=BChrbaren?= Dateien
    ... Unter Windows werden Dateien bekanntlich anhand ihrer Dateiendung ... entsprechendes Programm gestartet. ... SuSE Linux 11.1 sind unter der Version 11.2 angeblich nicht mehr ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: Zeichensatzprobleme
    ... Du wirst also immer irgendwelch Hardware finden, ... unter Linux läuft das selbe Board rockstable über ... Das musst Du übrigens bei Windows ... >> Homebanking Programm Star Money genannt. ...
    (de.rec.mampf)
  • Re: Lesen und Drucken von pdf-Dateien
    ... Artikel wird hinter Spitzklammern gezeigt. ... > IEXPLORE verursachte einen Fehler durch eine ungültige ... Nun schließt Du das Programm und versuchst erneut Dein Glück. ... Windows ME ist so ziemlich das einzige Windows, ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.inetexplorer.ie6)
  • Re: Neue Maszeinheit entdeckt
    ... Du solltest Dir vielleicht Windows 7 mal ansehen, ... die Hilfe bringt nix brauchbares; es folgt der oben ... Ach ja, das ach so genügsame modernste Betriebssystem der Welt verbrät ... Ach ja, es gibt auch ein Programm von MS, um eine bestehende ...
    (de.etc.sprache.deutsch)