Re: Optional arguments (again) on Sun

Salvatore <sfilippone@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Feb 19, 4:41 pm, nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richard Maine) wrote:
Good point. I just reacted to the bit about dim not being optional
bcause that's usually the reason for that kind of restriction. Hmm. Now
that you mention it, why is there such a restriction for size()?... And
checking further, where is it that this alleged restriction is found? I
can't find any such thing or figure out why there would be one. Did I

Well, I'm not sure there is one, except that there is the error
message from the compiler on the SUN machine.
Indeed, this might be the reason for me hitting the problem, since by
reading M&R&C I could figure out the LBOUND issue, but I thought there
was no such issue with SIZE; I have successfully built my stuff with
at least 5 other compilers before this one....

I think you found a compiler bug. Probably caused by making the same
mistake of applying the restriction to an intrinsic where it doesn't
belong.

--
Richard Maine | Good judgement comes from experience;
domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain

  • Re: Optional arguments (again) on Sun
    ... bcause that's usually the reason for that kind of restriction. ... Hmm. ... message from the compiler on the SUN machine. ... Indeed, this might be the reason for me hitting the problem, since by ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Free FAT16 Filesystem
    ... being an honourable reason. ... Dave, I made every effort 3 weeks ago to have you understand that if you ... >>Murray did not mention Keil in his correspondence to you. ... >>both your compiler AND under Keil's, ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • compiler and metadata, request opinions...
    ... a lot of the upper/middle compiler machinery is still lacking (such as ... embed the metadata directly into the object modules (the reason being that ... request for a particular piece of information is embedded in a symbol (sort ... it will be loaded into an in-memory version of the database. ...
    (comp.compilers)
  • misc: compiler and metadata...
    ... a lot of the upper/middle compiler machinery is still lacking (such as ... embed the metadata directly into the object modules (the reason being that ... request for a particular piece of information is embedded in a symbol (sort ... it will be loaded into an in-memory version of the database. ...
    (comp.lang.misc)
  • Re: "Sorting" assignment
    ... issue on some ancient compiler doesn't make a lot of sense. ... to his on a few commonly used platforms and compilers, ...  Be sure and call the swap ... reason to find algorithms which operate independent of it. ...
    (comp.programming)