Re: http or tcp/ip

<gary.l.scott@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1174074976.620394.121280@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mar 16, 1:41 pm, "allelopath" <jda...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can Fortran use http or tcp/ip?
I see previous discussions like this
one:http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.fortran/browse_thread/thread...
which indicate the best way is to write it in C and wrap it up for
Fortran.
These discussions, though, are 4 years old. I was wondering if
anything has changed since then.

I need to communicate between Java and Fortran.
My current plan have the Java program execute the fortran program and
have the fortran write to plain text files and use a semaphore.

You can always do it through OS API calls (in any language that can
call the OS API). I believe I recall that David Frank does some FTP
and/or HTTP stuff from Fortran. Maybe he has a publically available
library (likely for CVF or IVF).

Ok, I have uploaded to my current ISP a pertinent example of what can be
done DIRECTLY using Fortran syntax.
http://home.earthlink.net/~dave_gemini/getfile.f90

and a exe of above....

http://home.earthlink.net/~dave_gemini/getfile.exe

which can read most any file out there..

.