Re: http or tcp/ip

It seems to me that if there are system-specific things which don't, a good place for a F2k3 compiler to put them would be as extensions to the BIND() syntax -- e.g., something like BIND(C, CONVENTION="STDCALL"), or for that matter BIND(STDCALL), since the "C" of BIND(C) is effectively a name for a calling convention.

My understanding of the intent of BIND(C) was that there are pairs of compilers - i.e., a Fortran and a C compiler - that implement a common, interoperable ABI, and that BIND(C) referred to this common ABI.

For the different Win32 ABIs, I could imagine that a compiler switch would tranparently and in a standard-conforming way select which of the several ABIs should be realized by a BIND(C). The comment-like directives would just allow finer control where program units with different ABI requirements were put together into one source file, but not add any new capability. This might even be possible for the DLLEXPORT and DLLIMPORT "ABIs".

Jan

  • Re: Designing a calling convention for a Lisp->C compiler
    ... I am building a Lisp to C compiler. ... One Can Still Use The Native C ABI to implement the basic call ... granted, LISP naturally uses lists for rest, however using lists in the ...
    (comp.compilers)
  • Re: Wie sicher ist Linux gegen =?UTF-8?B?QXVzc3DDpGhlbj8=?=
    ... Wenn ich ab und an meinen Kernel aus frischen kernel.org-Quellen übersetze, fliegt jedes Mal ein Kernel-Trojaner 'raus. ... nie benutztes Binary taugt dazu nichts. ... Compiler nach BWKs Schnittmuster. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: Use of C99 int types
    ... "implementation" includes the kernel. ... ABI is concerned, there we must use __u32 so that it does not clash ... > reality may cause a conflict with compiler internals and should only ... The "standard libraries" includes the syscall interface here. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: http or tcp/ip
    ... My understanding of the intent of BINDwas that there are pairs of compilers - i.e., a Fortran and a C compiler - that implement a common, interoperable ABI, and that BINDreferred to this common ABI. ... Support the Original G95 Project: http://www.g95.org ... Support the GNU GFortran Project: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/index.html ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: function returning a structure
    ... possible that incompatible code can be generated by different ... Look for the Application Binary Interface (ABI) for the platform you ... if a compiler follow a specific ABI standard, ...
    (comp.std.c)