Re: Need Help: compiling old Fortran program

On Jun 28, 10:11 am, m...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

But I can't imagine that any compiler would have compiled
it -- so what you probably have is a 1st draft
written by someone who knows less about fortran than you, and if
possible you should drop it like a hot potato - because it will
give you a very negative view of Fortran

Hello: I do not think the author of the program has no clue. The
documentation states it was written in 1975 and it is Fortran 77.
Moreover, based on that particular code a lot of papers have been
written. I got the code today after contacting the author since I have
red his name in combination with his developed method in a lot of
papers related to my topic.

I haven't shown it in the thread. There exists an extension to the
code but in this time it was written in 1984. However, still similar
problems when compiling.

  • Re: X = DBLE(Y)
    ... including today's Intel Fortran.) ... tale about implementing language features from a draft standard. ... multiple arrays with one value, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: can any(), all(), etc. be used on coarrays?
    ... Or maybe my syntax is wrong? ... They were initially planed to be in Fortran 2008, however, they were not in a sufficiently good shape. ... As the TS is being created, the draft specs may and will change. ... (* There were several "invitation to comment on the contents of the TS on further coarray features" send around, I think they were also sent to comp.lang.fortran.) ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • public comments
    ... Secondly, those programming using Fortran ... in long papers where they were overlooked. ... The draft is 08-007r2.pdf available from the web site. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • operator precedence in Fortran 2008 draft
    ... The current draft proposed standard for Fortran 2008 ... By reusing the operators in this way, the current draft ... the operator precedence chosen by standard ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: X = DBLE(Y)
    ... did compilers derived from it, including today's Intel Fortran.) ... tale about implementing language features from a draft standard. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)