Re: survey: Fortran on VMS

Back in the good old days, VAX FORTRAN was THE Fortran compiler by which
all others were judged. (Phillip Helbig)

No, REALLY back in the old days, IBM Fortran was the ONLY Fortran in
existence.
VAX was much, much later, after Fortran had gone through at least 4
levels of extension.

  • Re: survey: Fortran on VMS
    ... (Phillip Helbig) ... No, REALLY back in the old days, IBM Fortran was the ONLY Fortran in ... existence. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: message derreur: undefined reference and clearing a variable
    ... Damien Sirjacobs wrote: ... F90 so I don't know what happens. ... there was one in Fortran 90. ... their existence, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: is this a race condition?
    ... maintaining FORTRAN on a VAX. ... Beware of Fortran optimization, by the way. ... Again, on VAX, or with appropriate qualifiers at compile time, this ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: X = DBLE(Y)
    ... including today's Intel Fortran.) ... tale about implementing language features from a draft standard. ... code, which he claimed would compile on a VAX, would not compile on the ... compiler of some other vendor that claimed VAX Fortran compatibility. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Whither VMS?
    ... FORTRAN was the first HLL compiler offered on the VAX and in early days ... that ruled the VAX out for us; we wanted a COBOL capable system. ...
    (comp.os.vms)