Re: ifort functions for test NaN and Inf

Hi,

As if by magic, ddb78s@xxxxxxxxx appeared !

Anybody knows an intrinsic function for testing if a variable is
-+INF. I have found in the reference the function ISNAN but not the
equivalent for INF.

ISNAN is not standard. To perform either of these tests you will either
need a non-standard extension ( e.g. ISNAN ), so look in your compiler
docs, or, and much better, use the IEEE stuff in Fortran 2003. See
e.g.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5259/6n7bsi97k?a=view

However your compiler might not support this yet,

Ian

  • Re: Difficult example?
    ... If the data object being declared depends on the ... A reference to any other intrinsic function defined in this ... An elemental intrinsic function reference where each argument ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: COBOL intrinsic functions
    ... If your compiler does NOT have this function, ... I couldn't find anything on exception handling for intrinsic functions, ... The intrinsic function corrrectly picked up the date as an error... ... It would be SO good if COBOL had a simple date validation intrinsic... ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: the transfer of two dimension array
    ... The problem is that the compiler didn't ... recognize the use of realin the argument to reshape() as an array, ... but as the intrinsic function REAL() which isn't allowable in the ... The workaround would be to use some other name for the temporary array ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Find NaN elements in array
    ... array which is NaN. ... you might have to set some compiler switches to do so. ... The OP already seemed to have that isolation with his use of isnan. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: FUNCTION LENGTH
    ... What is posted below is 100% correct for Enterprise COBOL and for the Intrinsic ... compilers) this has been expanded so that a numeric intrinsic function may be ... Probably it follows the standard, though I can't imagine why the standard ... From the COBOL Language Reference: ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)