Re: ifort functions for test NaN and Inf

Ian Bush wrote:
Hi,

As if by magic, ddb78s@xxxxxxxxx appeared !

Anybody knows an intrinsic function for testing if a variable is
-+INF. I have found in the reference the function ISNAN but not the
equivalent for INF.

ISNAN is not standard. To perform either of these tests you will either
need a non-standard extension ( e.g. ISNAN ), so look in your compiler
docs, or, and much better, use the IEEE stuff in Fortran 2003. See
e.g.

http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/819-5259/6n7bsi97k?a=view

However your compiler might not support this yet,

Of course, you can write such functions yourself.

  • Re: ifort functions for test NaN and Inf
    ... I have found in the reference the function ISNAN but not the ... equivalent for INF. ... See the FP_CLASS intrinsic (an extension). ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • ifort functions for test NaN and Inf
    ... Anybody knows an intrinsic function for testing if a variable is ... I have found in the reference the function ISNAN but not the ... equivalent for INF. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)