Re: On writing negative zero - with or without sign

tholen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Gordon Sande writes:
Suppose someone likes them and chooses not to ignore them, [...]

"Likes them"? Why would any choose on that basis? The
signs have meaning or they don't. The interpretation of them is
up to the user. The user decides for utilitatian reasons. The
utility of the signs *cannot* be known by the author of the
I/O library. The I/O library should *never* disregard them.

--
J. Giles

that there are no obvious deficiencies." -- C. A. R. Hoare

  • Re: On writing negative zero - with or without sign
    ... signs have meaning or they don't. ... The interpretation of them is ... The user decides for utilitatian reasons. ... no deficiencies and the other way is to make it so complicated ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: On writing negative zero - with or without sign
    ... signs have meaning or they don't. ... The interpretation of them is ... The user decides for utilitatian reasons. ... It's the processor's misdirection, if it displays a sign on the ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: On writing negative zero - with or without sign
    ... James Giles writes: ... signs have meaning or they don't. ... The interpretation of them is ... The user decides for utilitatian reasons. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Extensible Types
    ... An extension doesn't touch the basic type itself (I am ... Could you show the outline of a scenario of where ... changes have consequences on the meaning of B's code? ... no deficiencies and the other way is to make it so complicated ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: What does this instruction mean: ANDDC #239 ?
    ... >> ANDDC #239 can someone explain the meaning of this assembly ... >> instruction? ... I am using MC9S12A128B as the microcontoller on my ... no deficiencies and the other way is to make it so complicated ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)