Re: On writing negative zero - with or without sign

tholen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Gordon Sande writes:
Suppose someone likes them and chooses not to ignore them, [...]

"Likes them"? Why would any choose on that basis? The
signs have meaning or they don't. The interpretation of them is
up to the user. The user decides for utilitatian reasons. The
utility of the signs *cannot* be known by the author of the
I/O library. The I/O library should *never* disregard them.

--
J. Giles

that there are no obvious deficiencies." -- C. A. R. Hoare

.