Re: Need some HELP!! In a pre-version fortran codes

nealleehit@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thank you, FJ, glen, Tim Prince.

i think that is the answer, well, i know this is a Cray pointer/blank
common technique,

but how can i use some compiler which supports this feature, and i
could understand these codes step by step??

You can get pre-built copies of gfortran at gfortran wiki, or build it (using gcc) from the gnu source code mirrors.
You already found that Intel (and other commercial compilers) support Cray pointers, one way or another. Ifort supports Cray pointer by default, but turns off loop optimizations unless you set the safe-cray-ptr option.
I've used Fortran since before Cray pointers were invented. Even now that they are obsolete, I keep running into ways of using them which I hadn't seen before. They aren't well suited to easy understanding. The presence of the safe-cray-ptr option in one compiler should tell you that they aren't always used correctly, and the compiler can't diagnose problems.
.