Re: Need some HELP!! In a pre-version fortran codes

nealleehit@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thank you, FJ, glen, Tim Prince.

i think that is the answer, well, i know this is a Cray pointer/blank
common technique,

but how can i use some compiler which supports this feature, and i
could understand these codes step by step??

You can get pre-built copies of gfortran at gfortran wiki, or build it (using gcc) from the gnu source code mirrors.
You already found that Intel (and other commercial compilers) support Cray pointers, one way or another. Ifort supports Cray pointer by default, but turns off loop optimizations unless you set the safe-cray-ptr option.
I've used Fortran since before Cray pointers were invented. Even now that they are obsolete, I keep running into ways of using them which I hadn't seen before. They aren't well suited to easy understanding. The presence of the safe-cray-ptr option in one compiler should tell you that they aren't always used correctly, and the compiler can't diagnose problems.

  • Re: C_F_POINTER, aliasing and performance
    ... but this all very compiler dependent. ... cannot do if there is overlap. ... It is a property of Fortran pointers that they may ... It is certainly possible to make Cray pointers ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: function pointer
    ... > Be aware that even implementations that support Cray pointers don't ... Consider a compiler, such as Intels ifort, which does support Cray pointers on ... Then use Fortran-77 ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Storing function handles
    ... > of cray pointers to procedures (and no other compiler supports it, ... end interface ... program MyProgram ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Fortran memory management, error handling, and efficiency
    ... debugging that I get in C with malloc debug libraries?" ... "This has to be done by the compiler vendor; ... One of the first customer bug reports I got for that PathScale ... compiler was that we did Cray pointers wrong. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)