Re: Need some HELP!! In a pre-version fortran codes

Richard Maine wrote:

One uses a large array in common as a pseudo-dynamic storage system.
One allocates memory by storing a position in the large array, and
incrementing the indicator of the next available array element.

Yes. This is the BMD technique from the Univeristy College of Los
Angeles.

  • Re: Pointer math
    ... The only thing that we know here is that 'ptr++' evaluates to the original value of 'ptr', and that by the next sequence point the value of 'ptr' will get updated. ... Postfix increment always returns the original value of its operand. ... result: 1 second array element ... the actuall incrementing of the pointer is the last step in this case. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: how to insert a number into MsFLEXgrid control in labview
    ... For the table you need to replace an array element before updating the indicator. ... I demonstated using a shift register to remember the new value of the indicator after the update instead of using a Value property node or a local variable. ... MSFlex Plus Table Demo.jpg: ...
    (comp.lang.labview)