Re: Read/write binary files in Linux and Windows

AnotherSquid <mai@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Oct 24, 2:33 am, nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Richard Maine) wrote:

2. The language provides a portable facility to determine the needed
recl value. Use that instead of assuming any particular units of
measure. See the INQUIRE statement - in particular the form with recl=.

If this actually works, I'd be keen to know exactly how.

inquire(11,recl=iseq)

Ah. Sorry, I got the specifier name wrong doing it from memory. It is
IOLENGTH instead of RECL. And that's a whole different syntax in
inquire. Since there is a recl in the wrong syntax version, that
probably mislead you. For iolength,

1. You do *NOT* use it on a file. You specify the iolength specifier
instead of a unit number - not in addition to one.

2. You need an iolist. The result will be the recl value that is
appropriate for that iolist.

--
Richard Maine | Good judgement comes from experience;
domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain