Re: rookie question

On Oct 24, 8:27 pm, ramiAIT <ramid...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hi you guys

i'm very new at this fortran programming and i have this question and
i hope you guys can help me. i 'm using fortran77 on Microsoft Fortran
Powerstation 4.0 . my program is a bit complex and it involves
function like EXP and FACTORIAL and need to cmpute lot of function.
and i use the method of Simulated Annealing there for it has to run in
lot of loop. problem is it run perfectly but at some point it just
stop for no reason and said and i quote

If the function you require is rather common (e.g.,
appropriate source code/library to evaluate it. The Netlib is a good
place to start.

  • Re: Ten Commandments for Fortran Programming?
    ... Ten Commandments for Fortran Programming ... Except when required to create Fortran 77 compatible libraries or libraries to be shared with other languages... ... Thou shalt use inline comments in order to compress source code where feasible, for example a list of variable declarations, rather than one whole line comment, one variable declaration, one whole line comment... ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Help: Presentation about Fortran
    ... Fortran 77 program" ... *not* closer to the notation I've seen anyone use. ... to scribble on their white boards that makes F77 so easier to understand ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Help: Presentation about Fortran
    ... Fortran 77 program" ... This is not the notation I've seen anyone scribble in a white board. ... I honestly cannot imagine what it is that Astrophysicists are supposed to scribble on their white boards that makes F77 so easier to understand than modern Fortran. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: calculation accuracy
    ... I'm pretty new to fortran programming. ... in fortran is quite a bit different than what I get in excel. ... that I often use, double precision is real. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: how to declare doubles in f95
    ... computers used for Fortran programming in UK universities, ... countries had far more of the smaller systems used for Fortran. ... but a bit later CDCs became more widespread. ... At an unimportant university we had a CDC Cyber-72 which had a 60-bit word-length. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)