Re: Has anyone used f90sql-lite with g95?

On Jan 15, 11:47 am, Gordon Sande <g.sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-01-14 17:47:21 -0400, Ed <emammen...@xxxxxxxxx> said:

On Jan 14, 3:13 pm, Gordon Sande <g.sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2008-01-14 11:23:02 -0400, Ed <emammen...@xxxxxxxxx> said:

Hello

I know it is silly question but I wonder whether someone out there
has
managed to get f90sql-lite fromhttp://www.canaimasoft.com/f90sql/
working with g95.  They only have versions for:

    *  Absoft Pro-Fortran (ver.5.0 and 6.0)
    * Digital Visual Fortran (ver. 5.0 and 6.0)
    * Lahey Fortran 90 (ver. 4.5) and LF95 Express.
    * Lahey/Fujitsu Fortran 95 (ver. 5.0), and
    * Salford Fortran 95 (ver. 1.32).

Many thanks

Ed

PS. Is there any other alternative to read and write excel files for
g95?

Some time ago I had to problem of acquiring information that was
commonly available on spreadsheets. My solution was to have Excel
import the spreadsheet (back when 1-2-3 was still moderately common)
and save the result in SYLK format. The SYLK file is ASCII with a
documented format to describe each cell. In my case the hard part
was describing which cells had the data so there was a problem
specific little language to specify how to find the data. Try telling
someone over the phone exactly which cell to report when the spreadsheet
can be in almost any layout that you and they have in front of both of
you and the row and column labels (the A1 thingys) are not printed.
(No cheating by just saying the value over the phone!)

The reading problem can be simplified if you can tame the possible
forms by having access to the spreadsheet before it is to be read.
In really simple cases you can have Excel save it a fixed width
column text.

Writing is easy as spreadsheets will read CSV (comma separated values)
as long as you take minor care with text that might have commas in it.
If you want some cells to be bold or outlined etc then it is lots more
fuss. Having Excel read fixed columns is simple but not as fuss free
as CSVs.

Reading and writing Excel files is a pretty loose specification so this
may be of little us. Help yourself by having Excel do as much of the
work as makes sense for your problem.- Hide quoted text -

Many thanks.

What I need most is to write a file that can be read by Excel and, if
possible, open Excel from fortran.

Do you have an example (ou subroutine) on how to write csv files with
fortran?  It seems easy but nothing like an example to build from.

Writing a CSV file from F90 is trivial if you remember to use advance="no".
Just write the value as a partial line. Then write the comma as a partial
line or a blank without the partial line to end the line.

And if the tiny steps appear too pedantic you can combine then.

To invoke another program will require reading the fine manual (and
you thought RTFM meant something else?) for system or whatever it is
called on your compiler/system.

flibs does the job of writing and reading csv files.

Thanks

Ed

  • Re: Help enclosing a macro in With/End With
    ... Excel application. ... ActiveCell.SpecialCells(xlLastCell).Select 'Find the last used cell in ... Note that I leave the With Seelection after the Do Loop, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Excel 2007 high cpu usage, format cell, wrap text
    ... When she highlights the whole spreadsheet, and selects Format ... If the data cells are all contiguous, select any cell in the range and press ... This is necessary as Excel 2007 uses a lot of page memory. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: New to Excel, have to do a grade sheet!
    ... all you have to do is put that into a spreadsheet. ... sheet in Excel you will see ... then just type 50 in cell A1) ... > up a grade sheet where different grade types are weighted differently. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel)
  • Re: New to Excel, have to do a grade sheet!
    ... all you have to do is put that into a spreadsheet. ... sheet in Excel you will see ... then just type 50 in cell A1) ... > up a grade sheet where different grade types are weighted differently. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.excel)
  • Re: Parsing Excel spreadsheets
    ... I presume you talking about using Excel 2003 and saving as ... "XML Spreadsheet ". ... I extracted primarily cell contents, though I did some very limited ...
    (comp.lang.python)