Re: gfortran netCDF problem

jrsyangl <jrsy.angl@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I've looked into Cygwin and it is very intriguing. Thanks for pointing
me in that direction. I just hope the cygwin installation goes
smoothly so I don't have to ask for help on a cygwin forum.
Lou
Hello,
since you mentioned gfortran, I initially thought that you are using
Linux or Cygwin, because these are somehow the "natural environments"
for this compiler. (Of course, it runs also fine in other systems!)
During the installation of cygwin make sure, that you also select
"make", which is not selected by default.
In order to choose gfortran as compiler for the netCDF creation, the
simplest possibility might be to enter
export F90=gfortran
in the bash shell before calling ./configure

Good luck
Alois

  • No execution of system calls in cygwin-perl after update
    ... I recently had to update my old cygwin installation to a newer version. ... In my perl scripts there are a lot of calls to application installed on ... I tried running the same command lines from within the cygwin shell - ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • RE: Is CYGWIN a unix like environment to run PERL modules?
    ... CYGWIN installation is in two parts, I am not sure whether u have ... And CYGWIN is like X-windows to work on UNIX session from Windows ... Is CYGWIN a unix like environment to run PERL modules? ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: gfortran netCDF problem
    ... I just hope the cygwin installation goes ... smoothly so I don't have to ask for help on a cygwin forum. ... since you mentioned gfortran, I initially thought that you are using ... In order to choose gfortran as compiler for the netCDF creation, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: My Two Biggest "Linux Mysteries"
    ... > that is comparable to the WinAxePlus server I have (and which costs, ... but cygwin isn't exactly an emulation ... Because X is a different beast than the Windows GUI, ... I have a fairly complete, though out-of-date, cygwin installation on my ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: cdrtools-2.01.01a11 und CL
    ... Funktionieren tut es zur Zeit nur mit MSVC6 (meldet sich als Version ... Standard zu haben die mein alten noch nicht vorhanden waren. ... Zudem gibt der neue Compiler Warnungen aus bei ... CDRECORD a10 und Cygwin 1.5.19 ...
    (de.comp.hardware.laufwerke.brenner)