Re: Using INQUIRE to test if a directory exists

Al Greynolds wrote:
On Aug 21, 2:31 pm, Gary Scott <garylsc...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Didn't IVF add some extensions specifically for querying
directories?

Yes they did, but I was looking for something that is portable (at
least among the compilers I use). Its interesting that they changed
the default behavior from CVF to IVF.

We decided that the CVF behavior was a bug because you could not OPEN a directory.

As others have noted, you are trying to extend INQUIRE into something beyond its definition.

--

Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

http://softwareforums.intel.com/
Intel Fortran Support
http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/fortran
My Fortran blog
http://www.intel.com/software/drfortran

  • Re: cvf 6.5 --> cvf6.6
    ... If completely uninstalling CVF, deleting the DF98 ... Developer Products Division ... User communities for Intel Software Development Products ... Intel Fortran Support ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: right sequence of included module files
    ... Then I find some of the .f90 are main programs. ... Developer Products Division ... User communities for Intel Software Development Products ... Intel Fortran Support ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: pointer and allocatable array problem
    ... I couldn't find any updates for my version of CVF (I ... Developer Products Division ... User communities for Intel Software Development Products ... Intel Fortran Support ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Syntax error with open in gfortran
    ... parsing. ... Developer Products Division ... User communities for Intel Software Development Products ... Intel Fortran Support ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: OT: IVF 11.0 on MSVS2008 array visualizer problem
    ... please do ask them in our user forum. ... Developer Products Division ... User communities for Intel Software Development Products ... Intel Fortran Support ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)