Re: Using INQUIRE to test if a directory exists

Al Greynolds wrote:
On Aug 21, 2:31 pm, Gary Scott <garylsc...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Didn't IVF add some extensions specifically for querying

Yes they did, but I was looking for something that is portable (at
least among the compilers I use). Its interesting that they changed
the default behavior from CVF to IVF.

We decided that the CVF behavior was a bug because you could not OPEN a directory.

As others have noted, you are trying to extend INQUIRE into something beyond its definition.

Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division
Intel Corporation
Nashua, NH

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

Intel Fortran Support
My Fortran blog