Re: Using INQUIRE to test if a directory exists

Al Greynolds wrote:
On Aug 21, 2:31 pm, Gary Scott <garylsc...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Didn't IVF add some extensions specifically for querying
directories?

Yes they did, but I was looking for something that is portable (at
least among the compilers I use). Its interesting that they changed
the default behavior from CVF to IVF.

We decided that the CVF behavior was a bug because you could not OPEN a directory.

As others have noted, you are trying to extend INQUIRE into something beyond its definition.

--

Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

http://softwareforums.intel.com/
Intel Fortran Support
http://support.intel.com/support/performancetools/fortran
My Fortran blog