Re: warnings for lapack routines

dpb wrote:
Ian Bush wrote:
On 26 Sep, 12:05, user1 <u...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Ian Bush wrote:

are typically treated in compilers under DOS,
Is there really a version of gfortran than runs under DOS ??

I'm guessing from the prompts that Ron has that it something that I
would call DOS. I've no idea what the modern name is - I'm almost
entirely a Unix user

"Command prompt" is the default shortcut name in most versions of Winders...

It's a shell, of course, not actually DOS in the sense of being the OS as in olden days (which I'm sure was the intent being referred to)...

--

I guess it would be DJGPP under DOS, but I'm not sure if a gfortran port exists to that platform. Not that I would find much use for it, either.

  • Re: Need Basic Instruction on Command Line Typing
    ... display to a dos box, or back again, by pressing alt-enter. ... command prompt makes it unusable. ... Have you tried cntl-alt-del, Task manager, and looked at the ... did anythihg to schedule it4, or a backup, or something's doing a ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: looking for answers about detecting and deleting rootkits on windows XP OS, and getting really a
    ... out on the internet. ... I am not saying that I am not computer illiterate, ... use DOS and you needed to know dos commands to exicute programs or ... how to list a folder of file in dos, which is now called command prompt ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Width of Command Prompt (DOS) EDIT Window ??
    ... have in a DOS application, but rather how one can change the physical ... I fully understand that the dimensions of the Edit window in cm/inch ... If you set up the command prompt to run in a window, ... You would type in the MODE command at the command prompt. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need Basic Instruction on Command Line Typing
    ... display to a dos box, or back again, by pressing alt-enter. ... command prompt makes it unusable. ... negate the sluggishness of the command prompt, ... I'm talking about having Windows XP Home SP-2 running and typing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Shell() or Windows API question
    ... Windows 98 DOS prompt) - ... Running the above from DOS / command prompt works perfectly. ... both of the batch files described above do work perfectly when run manually ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)