Re: Problems calling Fortran DLL from VBA

rcl2884 wrote:

I did run Dependency Walker, but I don't really understand the message

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

There are four DLL's that are highlighted to the left in the
WalkerDependency window (ADVAPI32, SHLWAPI, USER32, MPR).

Do you have any suggestions? ... and pardon my ignorance, but this all
seems somewhat mysterious to me.

That's just a warning, I think. ADVAPI32, SHLWAPI, and USER32 are all Windows system libraries, I think you can safely ignore them.

Here's how this should work:
Your DLL will be at the top of the tree in the top left window.
Its dependencies will be arrayed underneath it. Any that are missing should be highlighted in red.

If you click on your file, there will be two lists at the right. The top right list is the list of functions exported by the DLL that are imported by its parent (this list will be empty for your DLL, which is at the top of the list). The middle right list is the complete list of functions exported by your DLL. You can verify that your routine has been appropriately exported there.

  • Re: Putting UDF in custom or predefined function category
    ... faililng when the xla opens up. ... What exactly is happening when the DLL is registered? ... The table below lists the valid function category numbers. ... Unhide the workbook useing the Unhide Command." ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Tcl C Help
    ... can take your .h file and produce all the C code required to call it from Tcl? ... The commands allow me to interact with a .dll that was written for my ... I’m now working on a command that takes 4 lists of doubles from the ... CoreMagPhasePoint *pMagPhase; ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Putting UDF in custom or predefined function category
    ... faililng when the xla opens up. ... What exactly is happening when the DLL is registered? ... The table below lists the valid function category numbers. ... Unhide the workbook useing the Unhide Command." ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: STL Vector Clear causes crash in DLL
    ... > The DLL creates these lists. ... > But if the calling application allocates an object and places on the ... When you're sharing CRT state between an EXE ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: VB6 - Firing DLL-based forms as MDIChild?
    ... boxes, lists, toolbars, etc. - this should work, right? ... OCXs are just DLLs in drag. ... DLL can expose UserControls just like an OCX can! ... all-in-one design) I could return a Recordset from the Class and let ...