Re: inputting the ephemerides

George wrote:
On Sun, 4 Jan 2009 03:08:35 -0800 (PST), Terence wrote:

And this is what you are trying to do..

Yes it is. It might be a bit of overkill if this were a casual thing for
me that I would forget like a college girlfriend, but I might be more in
love with space than any woman.

Here's what I've got so far:

George, my "untested" routines are written in F77.
They are in fact very close copies of what I use in working software.

You are using F90 or higher.
First change the "C" in column 1 to "!" and compile again because the
comment in F90 and F95 is indicated by an excamation mark, (and can
a;lso be anywhere on the right of an assignment expression).

Anyway, a slightly better way (since my fisrt method assumes the
contents of the ascii line) is to use a call that gets whatever is the
ith term seperated by blanks , and the length of this term, (which may
end in a units symbol), and returns a code to identify the field as
numeric or character-commencing, then move it to a new blanked line at
position
(posn(i)+length-expected(i)

Here, posn(i) is a set of position integers and expected(i) is a set
of desired field positions in the new line, essetially formatting your
data how you wish..
This will also work for any order of sstring types.

Once the line is finished you just read the alligned new line with a
format statement to automatically pick out what you want. This method
moves the unit symbols into a neutral territory if they exist, wand
where they can fall into a units field and so ignored or bypassed by
the format statement..

  • Re: HD-DVD - The Final Death Blow
    ... Alan Baker wrote: ... Why would you "obviously" be talking about a format that neither ... George then, foolishly, tried to claim that 1080i does not contain ... "If you raise the ceiling four feet, move the fireplace from that wall ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Can I hyperlink a FILE?
    ... "George" wrote in message ... > Is there also a way to put in the notes section of Calendar something to ... I don't know how others get the 8.3 format of a name, ... right-click on the filename, I get it in the short 8.3. ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)
  • Re: Application for Formatting Low Level if necessary a SCI
    ... > There is something terribly wrong with the one I have my BIOS SCSI Utility. ... You didn't understand a word of what I said, didn't you, George. ... That drive of yours was toast already long before the Low Level Format. ... >> Format Unit is a single command and once issued the drive has to finish it. ...
    (comp.periphs.scsi)
  • RE: Match data, count data and report to diffrent sheet.
    ... "George W. W." ... Are your date format consistent? ... "Shane Devenshire" wrote: ... diffren colums in the work sheet and count them. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)