Re: how to declare doubles in f95

Richard Maine <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Note the comments on that page about how the versions with 64-bit
default integers "may break older programs." Apparently someone thought
this matter worth mentioning on a web site that does not appear to be
aimed exclusively at "a few 'star wars' sites". That is *EXACTLY* the
point I was making - that one should not code so as to assume that
default reals (and integers) are no more than 32 bits. It today's
environments, it is probably safe to assume that they are no less, but
it is not safe to assume that they are no more.

But there are no SELECTED_???_KIND functions for a "no more than"
x digits for a type. Maybe additional arguments for maximum
digits, and we get -1 if it doesn't support that type.

There is C_INT32_T for integer, but no C_REAL32_T.

-- glen

  • Re: Anyone ever used this service? Free prizes for playing WoW?
    ... network and who it's sending too, what registry entries or files it's ... Not being listed as unsafe doesn't make them safe. ... I will always bash any variation on "get paid to surf the net" type scheme, ... posts in this thread about the web site, you will find that the google ...
    (alt.games.warcraft)
  • Re: HELP!
    ... After you print it out and use it, put it under Kathyl's cutting mat for safe keeping;-) ... KathyB in West Oz wrote: ... put it away somewhere safe whilst saving the web site to my favourites. ...
    (rec.crafts.textiles.quilting)
  • Re: Form Fields
    ... > message telling the user to enter three digits? ... Use a drop down form field - or is there something you are not telling us? ... Word MVP web site www.mvps.org/word ...
    (microsoft.public.word.tables)
  • RE: Web site on local host deemed unsafe
    ... IDE-produced web site contains multiple subdirectories, ... > safe, but I have so far not discovered the mechanism for telling IE it is. ... > I have tried entering it into the Internet Options | Security Trusted Zone, ... > How do I tell IE that a web site hosted on my local system is safe? ...
  • Re: Just wonderin :-)
    ... is it your considered view that the web site I mentioned is safe to use? ... Advice is always knowledgeable but not everyone will always agree with any particular piece. ... consider the individual giving it and their reputation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)