Re: declaring module functions in the module itself

BenR <ben.ruppel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But the variables of these subroutines and procedures [in a module] are
still separated from each other, right?

Right.

BTW, the book is Fortran 95/2003 for Scientists and Engineers
[Chapman]. I think the rule I was quoting was presented as the
general case (still covering the basics), and because the author
didn't mention a caveat for functions in modules I assumed it was a
general rule. Perhaps the caveat is noted in the modules chapter.

Oh. Um. I've mentioned my opinion of that book before. But I have a
conflict of interest (also mentioned before).

domain: summertriangle | -- Mark Twain
.