Re: Generating documentation on the structure of a program

On Jun 14, 9:09 am, VICTOR <victor.hera...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

i am facing 20,000 lines of code. I inherited them from a former phd
student who wrote the code but didn't care to show the structure of
what he wrote. Now i have to guess what the dependencies are, i mean,
what the main program is and how the subroutines are connected to each
other.

I wonder if there is a software/technicque that helps me do that in
Fortran. I accept any ideas. I hope you understand my inquiry.
Regards,

Victor

I wonder if Doxygen can help. The Doxygen web page says, "You can
configure doxygen to extract the code structure from undocumented
source files." See http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/.

Damian

  • Generating documentation on the structure of a program
    ... i am facing 20,000 lines of code. ... I inherited them from a former phd ... student who wrote the code but didn't care to show the structure of ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Generating documentation on the structure of a program
    ... I inherited them from a former phd ... student who wrote the code but didn't care to show the structure of ... If it's Fortran 77, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Consequences.
    ... that one of the schools made it clear that if a student accepted some ... the school would provide the money needed ... schools we visited, with the exception of Stanford, were elite liberal ... They don't care why the sky is blue, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: OT - Not Feeling Well
    ... company will no longer be "matching" my deductions up to half our ... could resume the home health care at no cost to me up until December. ... you I would specify a male CNA as they are not ... and meds dosing a CNA student may be affordable for you till healing ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: Conversation
    ... Facing her down in hurt and anger can lead to an out-of-control situation that you won't know how to fix. ... I know you're justifiably angry, but it does sound like you still care for her. ... I had a talk this afternoon with my Aunt and Uncle and decided to call upon their wisdom. ...
    (alt.support.chronic-pain)