Re: Is there a Fortran equivalent of C's #ifdef ??

Dave wrote:
Tim Prince wrote:
Compilers which support OpenMP will support cpp style #ifdef pre-processing.

Is there any way to find out if the compiler does support OpenMP? Obviously if I can be sure the compiler supports it, then I can test it that way.

I don't believe Tim's statement is correct. OpenMP has its own conditional compilation syntax which is not cpp-style and is more restrictive. Support of OpenMP does not, as far as I know, imply support of cpp-style conditional compilation.

Now it is true that many current Fortran compilers do support cpp-style directives - you may need to use a switch or name the file with an uppercase file type (F or F90). I recommend reading your compiler's documentation to see what it supports and how to enable it.

--
Steve Lionel
Developer Products Division

For email address, replace "invalid" with "com"

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/
Intel Software Development Products Support
http://software.intel.com/sites/support/
My Fortran blog
http://www.intel.com/software/drfortran
.