Re: %LOC and %VAL availability

glen herrmannsfeldt wrote:
dpb <none@xxxxxxx> wrote:
why do the words "tempest" and "teapot" seem to come to my mind I wonder??? ;)

I wonder how different things would be if Intel had the idea
of a system independent calling convention. ...

AFAIK Intel never wrote an OS and only implemented a few language compilers on their hardware.

I really was wondering about the insistence on an argument of VAX vis a vis VMS -- it seems to me moot as one didn't exist w/o the other and VMS simply came at a time the various languages already existed in a place where folks recognized there was a need/market/opportunity to support them all and had a new product to incorporate that support into.

  • Re: %LOC and %VAL availability
    ... | vis VMS -- it seems to me moot as one didn't exist w/o the other and VMS ... | them all and had a new product to incorporate that support into. ... "Various languages" existed from the 1950s, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)