Re: ISO_C_BINDING and C strings conversion

Hello,

On 2011-02-03 15:45:20 -0500, vincenzo said:

My subroutine is limited but my objective is to get text from a small
entry box in a GTK+ GUI. So the text will probably be only some tens
of characters long.

The text *is expected* to be only tens of characters long,
and *is expected* to be well-formed.

Beware surprises.

Counting Richard's battle scars, I would try his solution first.
If for some reason it is unsuitable, modify it.

YMMV of course.

--
Cheers!

Dan Nagle

  • Re: RICO charges filed against MQ in California ... Class action on behalf of 3000 clients ...
    ... they were counting and how they said they were counting it in their ... containing formatting the whole keystroke argument falls flat, ... > characters were counted--later explained as spaces. ... > keystrokes to turn on bold or underline using ctrl b or ctrl u so is that ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Fantasy Books.
    ... Jacey Bedford wrote: ... I'm trying to read it now but at 120 pages and counting I really haven't ... engaged with the characters. ... level and houses made out of dead fridges; peopled with Ninja dustbins, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.written)
  • help wanted regarding displaying Japanese characters in a GUI using QT and python
    ... I want to write a GUI application in PYTHON using QT. ... I am able to take input in japanese. ... characters Can anyone suggest me some way how to debug the issue. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Need line count explanation help
    ... now I need suggestions on a good line counting system. ... She types consults with very tiny margins and she redid ... >>>report I did and got 11 less lines and thinks my bill is more because of ... I said, NO, it does not change the number of characters in the ...
    (sci.med.transcription)
  • Re: Word-processing challenge anyone?
    ... > there wont be any solutions posted here in comp.lang.pl1 and its for sure ... Are you counting CR, LF, and other record separators in your ... characters in the file ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)