Re: Intel Compiler Reimbursement Fund

On 2/7/2011 1:11 PM, dpb wrote:
Gordon Sande wrote:

... Eventually the DEC compiler for Intel chips ended up at Intel. ...

Actually the DEC compiler itself actually remained at Compaq/HP and
died; the DEC compiler _team_ went to Intel. (I'm sure Steve can clarify
if need be...)

--
Some of the code (i believe the front end) went with them to Intel to be integrated with Intel's 'back end'.

  • Re: iso_varying_string in f2003?
    ... such behavior would violate this part of the standard, "If a field width w is ... Steve Lionel ... Software Products Division ... User communities for Intel Software Development Products ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: ZKO email problems re: CXML on OpenVMS Alpha
    ... developers now work for Intel. ... probably not going to get informal help. ... Steve Lionel ... User communities for Intel Fortran and Compaq Visual Fortran: ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Compaq Visual Fortran
    ... Intel or most other vendors ever "officially advise" ... Intel has an official support forum, ... And Steve did NOT address the problem even when he responded to ... Would he be responding as a private person? ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Apple - stays the Course?
    ... Tim Adams wrote: ... Not entirely, dufus. ... Just a follow up to my own post - Steve you might want to look at: ... See how they separate out nViddia and Intel? ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: PC Fortran Compiler - Opinions?
    ... To clarify, ... > Fortran compilier that will recognize those conventions. ... How does that compiler compare to ... > Thanks to Steve Lionel for the clarifications on Intel Fortran. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)