Re: Intel Compiler Reimbursement Fund

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 14:33:14 -0800 (PST), sturlamolden
<sturlamolden@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 7 Feb, 21:24, Steve Lionel <steve.lio...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/

That is interesting :)

There are 9939 threads with 41591 posts on the Fortran compiler forum,
compared to 3646 threads and 11940 posts on the C++ compiler forum.
Rumours that Fortran is dying have to be exaggregated.

Sturla

C users surely have more places to look for help than Fortran users,
whose forums are relatively few.

  • Re: Intel Compiler Reimbursement Fund
    ... There are 9939 threads with 41591 posts on the Fortran compiler forum, ... Rumours that Fortran is dying have to be exaggregated. ... User communities for Intel Software Development Products ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Is it ok to ask about C++ code / C++ compiler problems on comp.lang.fortran ?
    ... >> to look elsewhere for the source of your troubles as the Fortran ARPACK ... Your problem had something to do with C or the C compiler. ... You can search this in my posts or my emails. ... I used g77 to compile the ARPACK libraries, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Program Translation - Nov. 14, 2013
    ... would include some relatively small Fortran source code transformations ... I have been reading all of the posts in the Perl, Python, and Fortran Newsgroups. ... But I can be away from my Internet connection for a few days at a time and might not see and be able to respond to posts right away. ... Do you think there is some debug needed along with modernizing? ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Speed Test between C and Fortran 95
    ... Thanks so much for all your posts and willingness to look at the code. ... the algebraic re-expression did help (if I had known the such ... I can expect Fortran to take about 13 to 14 hours. ... substantial time savings. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Intel Compiler Reimbursement Fund
    ... There are 9939 threads with 41591 posts on the Fortran compiler forum, ... I've read that it is likely that C users use other means for problem resolution (maintenance contracts/direct support, other net resources, etc.) ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)