Re: Function to compares two arrays and returns indices where they are equivalent

steve<kargls@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
(snip)

So, when you used Matlab for the very first time, you already
knew all those built-in functions and plotting routines and how
to build a GUI. I'm impressed. Or, did you just may be have
to spend some time "learning the [Matlab] API's" and "spend a
few weeks, and see how it will work".

There are many interpreted mathematical languages, most are
easier to get started in than Fortran. Also, many include
functions and libraries that you have to find separately in
Fortran. On the other hand, most are slower.

-- glen

True, for large programs. This is what my teacher also said, but
here we are talking about programs that run for days and does
real world simulations.

But for all school work and many research work, The problems
are not that huge. I used Matlab for my numerical PDE class, and
never had to wait more than a minute to get results on average. Ok,
I have a new PC, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Matlab uses lapack, and it is an optimized version as well. So,
really, the speed, was not an issue at all for me. The same
when I used Mathematica, it was also very fast, for same reason,
both use optimized blas and lapack libraries under the cover. I
think they ship with their own versions of such libraries.

--Nasser

.