Re: Function to compares two arrays and returns indices where they are equivalent

In article <im6esm$k96$2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
glen herrmannsfeldt <gah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Nasser M. Abbasi <nma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 3/20/2011 3:38 PM, Ron Shepard wrote:

Yes, but it's not the same way. I don't use Matlab, but I do use
Mathematica, and it has the same kind of structure that function
names are global.

But Mathemtica resolved this problem better than Matlab. In Mathematica,
system commands and symbols all start with Uppercase, and in addition,
they can not be overwritten explicity.

try to define a function which is allready a system function, and will
get an error:

Sqrt[x_]:=x^(1/2)
Sqrt[x_]} is Protected.

Unprotect[Sqrt]
Sqrt[x_]=x^3

This is all correct for built-in functions. I remember all that now
that you mention it. Sorry about being unclear.

My problems with this are usually my own functions where I'm copying
and pasting between different notebooks and I unknowingly happen to
have two functions with the same name. So I'm talking about
shooting myself in the foot, not shooting someone else's foot.

$.02 -Ron Shepard

  • Re: Why I am a "B" player
    ... looking for, "start exactly here, put left foot here, put right foot ... Changing where you hold your cue (I'm not talking about your final grip ... shaft changes how you get into shooting position. ...
    (rec.sport.billiard)
  • Re: Pelosi Calls Bush "A Complete Failure as President"
    ... political party has a better record for shooting itself in the foot than ... himself in the foot with the windfall profit tax thing on the oil ... invested in oil companies. ...
    (misc.invest.stocks)
  • Re: Hey Sheehanoids! Keep it up!
    ... > The rightie spin machine is really shooting themselves in the foot with Ms. ... > Sheehan. ... It shows how desperate they are, ...
    (alt.guitar.amps)
  • Re: save energy joke
    ... The government and 3 states ... Now they are shooting for 27mpg? ... Do you see any foot ... dragging here? ...
    (sci.energy)
  • Re: Obama
    ... She is not just shooting herself in her foot, but in the heart - i.e. ... is sick and tired of watching politicians squabble; ...
    (sci.med.transcription)