Re: pure procedure

On 04/23/2011 01:33 PM, Aris wrote:
Daniel Carrera<daniel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/23/2011 11:21 AM, Daniel Kraft wrote:
Overall I agree though, that it really would be nice to have debugging
output possible from PURE procedures. I also frequently use output for
debugging, and would surely use PURE more liberally and often (and would
like to do so) if this would not restrict me there.

I sympathize, because I use pure and elemental procedures everywhere in
my code. It *does* make debugging more difficult.

Attributes, like "PURE" are easy to pre-process out and in again,
even with sed. Just put a recognizable comment at the end of the line.

It's a bit less straight forward if the procedure is ELEMENTAL, or if you have procedure A that calls B that calls C that calls D and you want to put the diagnostic in D.
.