Re: pure procedure
- From: Daniel Carrera <daniel@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 15:12:48 +0200
On 04/23/2011 01:33 PM, Aris wrote:
Daniel Carrera<daniel@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:On 04/23/2011 11:21 AM, Daniel Kraft wrote:Overall I agree though, that it really would be nice to have debugging
output possible from PURE procedures. I also frequently use output for
debugging, and would surely use PURE more liberally and often (and would
like to do so) if this would not restrict me there.
I sympathize, because I use pure and elemental procedures everywhere in
my code. It *does* make debugging more difficult.
Attributes, like "PURE" are easy to pre-process out and in again,
even with sed. Just put a recognizable comment at the end of the line.
It's a bit less straight forward if the procedure is ELEMENTAL, or if you have procedure A that calls B that calls C that calls D and you want to put the diagnostic in D.
- Prev by Date: Re: pure procedure
- Next by Date: Re: allocatable components and TRANSFER behavior
- Previous by thread: Re: pure procedure
- Next by thread: Re: pure procedure