Re: Another Fortran forum (without the spam)?

"Terence" <tbwright@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:bc94ea79-0b66-4e5b-a6f7-361f84550c9c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hurrah for logic!
I wish more would understand this point!
Checking the statistics of Google, counts the spam, unfortunately.
You have to keep the fitered postings as I do and COUNT THEM per month
or year.
The spam itself is causing more advertisers to post more spam becaues
of the perceived posting rates!!!

Um, it's the same spammer.

  • Re: Why do you prefer Google?
    ... Then your posting is spam. ... Which kind of statistics do you want, those who state Google is the gratest, or those who say otherwise? ... Statistics for market share are nothing more than sticking your finger into your mouth, hold it up against the wind and then make your conclusions. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Another Fortran forum (without the spam)?
    ... install a newsreader and configure its filtering mechanisms, ... Even after having filtered out spam, ... number of discussions on CLF about Fortran declines severely. ... You have to keep the fitered postings as I do and COUNT THEM per month ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: WHY HAS THIS SITE BECOME SUCH A SPAM TARGET???
    ... They post to usenet groups, AND, Google's private groups. ... variety of the groups on Google, ... The past month or two has seen spam on ... Google to stop forwarding these posts? ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: SPAMmers getting smarter
    ... Some malignant agent has sent out a SPAM e-mail to ... the proliferation of SPAM emails on RMIM. ... valid RMIM discussion topics to the 2nd or 3rd page of Google groups ... option because most spammers use generated ids and keeps generating ...
    (rec.music.indian.misc)
  • Re: How Search Engines SHOULD Be Managed
    ... >>* Blame Google for unintentionally giving incentive for Web spam ... > SE spammers had incentive to spam long before Google, ... > course, just a matter of time before the spammers figured it out, even ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)