Re: Is passing via rank-1 assumed-size array legal?

On 4/27/2011 11:00 AM, Jacek Dziedzic wrote:
On Apr 27, 4:55 pm, steve<kar...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[...]
Given you have access to non-PGI compilers, it would
be prudent to use their debugging features. With
gfortran this would be use of the -Wall -fcheck=all
options.

I have these (and similar for remaining compilers) turned on
during development. The thing is, the problem does not occur
with other compilers, so the availability of other compilers
doesn't help me.

That is a rather strange position to take. Do you want to get your code checked out and running, or do you want to prove that a particular compiler stumbles in compiling your code? If the latter, you should take up the issue with the compiler vendor.

-- mecej4

  • Re: Is passing via rank-1 assumed-size array legal?
    ... be prudent to use their debugging features. ... I have these (and similar for remaining compilers) turned on ... I did what you call "baseline runs", ... with all compilers -- just Sunpro and gfortran. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: gfortran/ifort format issues in files
    ... while the gfortran version uses LF only. ... If both compilers can read files with either terminator, ... subroutine read_line (infile, line, ios)! ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Compilation problem with gfortran
    ... I'm trying to compile some code of mine with gfortran. ... Argument 'dydx' of pure subroutine 'rkckcontrolstep' at must ... Sun compilers accept this, but I appreciate that that isn't a definitive ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: OpenMP "not working" on gfortran
    ... the OpenMP code I wrote works on Mac OS X gfortran 4.5.2. ... and both of these compilers result in no speedup. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: Suspicious Gfortran
    ... Fortran 77 compilers that exist, and thus doesn't mean anything in this ... problem is coming from a bug in your code, rather than a bug in gfortran. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)