Re: About the ide for fortran used by you.

On Tue, 03 May 2011 13:06:36 +0200, Daniel H wrote:

If you want Eclipse only for your Fortran coding, the version 'Eclipse
IDE for C/C++ Developers' will do - that's the one I used.
Alternatively, you could of course download the 'Eclipse Classic' or
'Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Linux Developers (includes Incubating
components)', but they both include many components which you probably
don't need at the beginning.

I've found that the eclipse 4.0 is available, so what about this one:

http://download.eclipse.org/e4/sdk/drops/R-4.0-201007271520/download.php?
dropFile=eclipse-SDK-4.0-linux-gtk.tar.gz

By saying the SDK, does it means that this one is a all-in-one package
for eclipse? So the CDT also included in it?

If I've downloaded the eclipse-SDK-4.0-linux-gtk.tar.gz, than the only
thing for me to do is the following:

--------
Installing on a Machine With Internet Access

To install Photran, start Eclipse, then...

Click on Help > Install New Software...
Click on the "Add..." button
In the Location field, type http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ptp/
updates/helios
Click OK to close the Add Site dialog. This will return you to the
Install dialog.
Expand the category "Fortran Development Tools (Photran)" and check
the box next to the "Fortran Development Tools (Photran)" entry in it
If you are running Linux and have the Intel Fortran Compiler
installed, or if you are on a Macintosh and have the IBM XL Fortran
compiler installed, expand "Fortran Compiler Support" and select the
appropriate compiler. Note that you cannot install Intel Fortran compiler
support unless you are running Linux!
Click on the "Next" button
If you get an error message, see below for troubleshooting
information.
Click the Finish button and agree to the license to complete the
installation.
--------

Am I right?

Then follow the installation instructions for Photran on

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/photran/documentation/
photran6#Installing_Photran

They are very detailed and worked out of the box for me. Make sure you
read it carefully first, then proceed step by step.

--
..: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.

  • Re: About the ide for fortran used by you.
    ... If you feel like testing, go ahead, but if you are new to Eclipse / software development, you should stick to the current stable version 3.6.2 available from Eclipse's main download site. ... To install Photran, start Eclipse, then... ... If you are running Linux and have the Intel Fortran Compiler ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: [fedora-java] Re: What is going on with Eclipse, and PUP? [SOLVED, but other issues]
    ... You can't *update* things installed as RPMs. ... can, however, install new things. ... target directory is a bug and all packages should be user-definable ... The eclipse SRPM is the Eclipse SDK and is divided up by Eclipse ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: FC4 - Eclipse problem
    ... >An Eclipse feature is a collection of Eclipse plugins. ... what I mean - is say that I manually install the WST bundle into ... >surprised that your latest update came from JPackage. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Problem running eclipse
    ... I'm have no experience at all with Java and I just installed Eclipse ... install itself in /usr/share and because I don't have write permission ... console and running Eclipse again as root user. ... !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench. ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: A constructive debate: Eclipse or NetBeans?
    ... With Eclipse you do: ... compiling the trivial OpenGL demos with JOGL using "ant" is vastly more ... Sun's Java implementation. ... Automatic install and setup of many standard libraries. ...
    (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)