Re: About the ide for fortran used by you.

I've found the Photran in the following web:

http://www.eclipse.org/photran/

Also, I've read the download page:

http://www.eclipse.org/photran/download.php

On the above webpage, I found the following description:

-------
Photran 6.0 is part of the Eclipse Helios release train, along with PTP
4.0. Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) was released on June 23, 2010. A list of new
features is available in the New& Noteworthy, and comprehensive
documentation is available.

Photran 6 requires Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) and CDT 7.0.
---------

Then, I go to this site: http://eclipse.org/downloads/

But, there are so many packages for download, and I cann't figure out
which packges should I download and install first. Could you give me
some hints?

If you want Eclipse only for your Fortran coding, the version 'Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Developers' will do - that's the one I used. Alternatively, you could of course download the 'Eclipse Classic' or 'Eclipse IDE for C/C++ Linux Developers (includes Incubating components)', but they both include many components which you probably don't need at the beginning.

Then follow the installation instructions for Photran on

http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/photran/documentation/photran6#Installing_Photran

They are very detailed and worked out of the box for me. Make sure you read it carefully first, then proceed step by step.

  • Re: Eclipse broadband, any good, any bad ?
    ... I went from Wanadoo to Eclipse. ... only 16k download (they say it's a free ... slow I don't even use it now (And I sure I saw 2x128k feeds mentioned in ... uses a 'contention' based system during peak times. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: New ADSL supplier sought
    ... >> Tell your clients they can't have it both ways, ... Eclipse, I can't say I really notice the difference. ... my download for when my Mac is idle. ... Although I never actually needed support from Wanadoo, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Ace Internet - honest opinions please
    ... I'm currently with Eclipse internet. ... The best download speed I have EVER got from Eclipse is around ... Is this an issue with my telephone exchange? ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Eclipse - Google Web Toolkit - very confused hope you can help?
    ... Linux on this box in a few days time and run Eclipse on that. ... J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 1 ... Select Download link under Java Development Tools ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Eclipse - Google Web Toolkit - very confused hope you can help?