Re: storing an integer in a double precision

"Lynn McGuire" <lmc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:iq15tu$1vh$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

| BTW, our code works just fine also using the unix f77 compiler
| (Sun, Apollo, HP-UX) when we turn on zero initialization. I
| have not tried any of the modern unix boxes (linux, etc). It
| worked just fine with the old GCC F77 compiler also but I have
| not tried this in many years.

Might be better to fix the progam. Automatic initialization to zero
is not standard Fortran.

  • Re: storing an integer in a double precision
    ... our code works just fine also using the unix f77 compiler ... The next time, the value left by the previous pass through the block is used; if you are lucky, that value is enough to lead your nonlinear algorithm to the correct result. ... Suppose that x = -1 is physically meaningless in some physical problem; what does this say about your approach? ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: storing an integer in a double precision
    ... our code works just fine also using the unix f77 compiler ... that value is enough to lead your nonlinear algorithm to the correct result. ... Suppose that x = -1 is physically meaningless in some physical problem; what does this say about your approach? ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: storing an integer in a double precision
    ... On 5/8/2011 8:41 AM, Keith Refson wrote: ... our code works just fine also using the unix f77 compiler ... | when we turn on zero initialization. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: storing an integer in a double precision
    ... our code works just fine also using the unix f77 compiler ... | when we turn on zero initialization. ... Automatic initialization to zero ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)