Re: is real*8 a standard declaration style?

On Oct 30, 8:18 am, Gib Bogle <g.bo...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 30/10/2011 1:59 a.m., Daniel Carrera wrote:

In some compilers, "double" will be 8, and in other compilers it will be
something else,

In my working life I've never met a compiler for which it is something
else, and I'm pretty confident that in what remains of it I will never
meet one.

Certainly Silverfrost compilers use numbers other than 4 and 8.
Those numbers are meaningless.

And even if you never "meet" such a compiler,
those that follow you may "meet" one,
in which case you code won't work (assuming that
you have persisted in writing non-portable code).
.