Re: looking for example fortran GUI programs

Dear Steve,

You will find the means to do what you want, using Gtk, at
https://github.com/jerryd/gtk-fortran/wiki

All you need is a fortran compiler that implements iso_c_binding (eg
gfortran :-) ) and you are in business. It works out of the box with
Ubuntu 11.10

Best of luck

Paul

PS Dislin is pretty good too, as Clive says.

  • (LC) Supported and Compatible Compilers on Linux
    ... Why is g95 the only Matlab R2008b supported Fortran compiler on Linux? ... I would like to request that Matlab supports gfortran, which is a far superior Fortran compiler for various reasons. ...
    (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
  • Re: g77 on Cygwin
    ... Andy was never on J3. ... he has directly contributed nearly nothing to gfortran. ... Intel and PathScale support, those compilers *in general* out perform ... is NO fortran compiler that out performs gfortran on the OS I use. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: g95 vs gFortran
    ... 64MB were download to my computer vs 5MB for g95. ... What is there in gFortran ... Most gfortran builds contain GCC's C, C++ and Fortran compiler and not just Fortran. ... For instance for the driver of the Fortran compiler: 1,7M gfortran and after "strip gfortran" only 544K. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: g77 error
    ... Bill Cunningham wrote: ... The gcc 4.6.0 compatible Fortran compiler is gfortran, ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)
  • Re: fortran standards
    ... Fortran bindings for Gtk+. ... GFortran supports the C interoperability part of Fortran 2003. ... GFortran supports most of F2003 and some of the new stuff in F2008. ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)