Re: Newbie assistance for Atmel at89c2051 project

From: Spehro Pefhany (speffSNIP_at_interlogDOTyou.knowwhat)
Date: 12/31/03

Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 20:19:56 GMT

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 13:56:12 -0600, the renowned Davon Shire
<davon_x@shires.org> wrote:

>oooooook.. I can see that Keil has truly cornered the market for those
>who know what they are doing and are interested in doing overlays and
>all that feldorcarb....

It's all transparent- the compiler quietly, and behind the scenes,
generates a call graph and from that figures out if it can re-use
(overlay) RAM for auto variables where it is safe to do so. Useful
when you only have 128 bytes to work with.

What you notice is that you don't run out of RAM.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany