Re: which 8-bit micro

From: Mark (null_at_invalid.com)
Date: 01/05/04

Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 10:54:01 -0500

"Mark A. Odell" <nospam@embeddedfw.com> wrote in message
news:Xns94675AE5528E8CopyrightMarkOdell@130.133.1.4...
> cbarn24050@aol.com (CBarn24050) wrote in
>
> > Hi, any bottom end micro should do, Look at PIC16f676 or AT90S2313.
>
> Why recommend the 16x series? The 18x series are similarly priced and do
> *not* suffer the register banking hell of the 16x.
>
> --
> - Mark ->
> --

You don't have to worry about register banking with most C compilers.
(The C compiler I use for the small PIC's takes care of that)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Creationist software engineering? A frightening possibility!
    ... >>as the episode not too long ago where you claimed that one of your ... >>optimizing C compilers on the market today would fix the obvious ... "I don't really care about being right you know, ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Just Curious
    ... > It is analagous to taking away their C compilers and forcing them to ... but that they just don't care. ... guess is this isn't working out as planned, but "management ego" (that ...
  • Re: Just Curious
    ... >> It is analagous to taking away their C compilers and forcing them to ... but that they just don't care. ... >guess is this isn't working out as planned, but "management ego" (that ...
  • Re: Java Packed Decimal
    ... compilers, Burroughs large scale B7500 and beyond which I believe ... We don't have to care, ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ... send email to listserv@xxxxxxxxxxx with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: g77 and DVF works fine but ifc causes a run-time error! Anyideas?
    ... On changing pre-f77 "1" dimensions to assumed size, ... > All the compilers I had available didn't much care, but others did, so ...
    (comp.lang.fortran)