Re: "Am I still working okay?" asked the micro controller...

From: CBFalconer (cbfalconer_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 05/19/04

Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 14:54:55 GMT

jiang wrote:

>> One way to check hardware is to run another identical processor
>> and compare that they behave the same. If you have three or more
>> then you can perform voting so that the most popular answer is
>> the one that gets used.
>
> That is cool idea !..

And not so simple. What takes the vote? What if it fails?

   <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net>  USE worldnet address!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Am I still working okay?" asked the micro controller...
    ... >> that they behave the same. ... Peter ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: what has yum update done?
    ... take money in your hand and avoid this part ... not in case of a linux system ... compare it with one from 2013. ... for the ordinary enduser most things and hardware are ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Freeware 32bit command line hardware detector?
    ... for the purpose of creating a hardware independent Windows XP Ghost ... or whatever I could compare against) and then the ... script would know which HAL to copy into windows\system32 and then the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: WSJ article on software liability
    ... >> software logic with hardware logic. ... > developed using simulators and high level design languages like VHDL ... The equivalent code in VHDL won't synthesize. ... and then do the compare. ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: tasksing and TCP sockets
    ... >>>> But it seems to me that if the object is to use TCP to emulate hardware, ... The application code simply>>> reads variables from the h/w abstraction layer. ... So Read_Sens runs the h/w abstraction layer, Behave is the application layer. ... > The call to Read_Sens is commented out in the simulation case and> replaced by the second thread as outlined in the original posting. ...
    (comp.lang.ada)