Re: Agilent now dumping its U.S. employees -- I'm going to boycott them

From: rickman (spamgoeshere4_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/09/04

Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 01:52:53 -0400

CBFalconer wrote:

> Alan Balmer wrote:
> >
> ... snip ...
> >
> > Your real life, perhaps, not mine. I have a Hewlett Packard
> > LaserJet 4. It has served me faithfully for 11 years and many
> > cases of paper, at the cost of replacing the toner cartridge
> > twice. How many $69 printers will you go through in the next 11
> > years? How much will you spend for ink?
>
> To me, anyone who uses an inkjet printer has been sitting in the
> sun too long without a hat. I have a Samsung ML4500 I bought
> about 4 years ago, for $199, on its second toner cartridge. I
> have printed 12,000 plus pages on 3,000 plus sheets, mostly as
> booklets, according to the statistics on my FinePrint driver.
> Total cost, excluding paper, about $250.
>
> The ONLY reason for inkjets is for color printing, and the
> propensity to clog when rarely used makes that doubtful.

Then how do you do color printing?

--
Rick "rickman" Collins
rick.collins@XYarius.com

  • Re: Printer Ink Shock!
    ... HP have an inkjet printer, ... has a bunch of options and boasts a cost per page of less than 2 cents ... high capacity 90-series black tank is 24ml. ... many lasers. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)
  • Re: The print cartridge conspiracy
    ... inkjet printer I bought a little over a year ago is also going to be the ... last inkjet printer I ever bought. ... printer that cost $500 10 years ago. ... politics are only a matter of present concern. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Cheap Electronics (was Re: Worldcon news)
    ... ink cartridges which are charged at a significant markup (compared to ... manufacturing cost). ... I bought a new inkjet printer last year for £29.99 and when I ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Samsung Colour Laser Printers
    ... Certificates) and I'm finding my that my existing inkjet printer (an ... colour laser printer instead. ... reliablilty and cost of consumables but none that mention Mac ... consumables over your expected throughput. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Samsung 510N or HP 3600N Color laser?
    ... determine which would be my first Color Laser printer ever. ... the color printing' price/page is one ... so sorry the prices are not exactly the same as the prices in ... would cost 5.1 cents/page and on HP 3600N it would cost 2.8 cents/page. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)