Re: Firewire device evaluation kit?

From: Hans-Bernhard Broeker (broeker_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de)
Date: 06/20/04

    Date: 20 Jun 2004 17:44:23 GMT

    Klaus Hitschler <klaus.hitschler@gmx.de> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a Firewire (IEEE1394) evaluation kit to learn about device
    > design and software interface (not host design).

    You imply that there's a difference between a 'device' and a 'host' in
    1394 communications, but AFAIK such a distinction doesn't exist.
    That's about the biggest conceptual difference there is between
    Firewire and it's strongest contestant: USB 2.0 is strictly
    host-oriented, to the point that you might come to believe the real
    reason it exists is to boost sales of prospective hosts, i.e.: PCs.