Re: Simple data bus over DC Power Wires

From: Roman Ziak (roman_at_nospam.com)
Date: 06/21/04

    Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 13:06:21 -0400

    "Ken Smith" <kensmith@violet.rahul.net> wrote in message
    news:cb2gfr$at0$1@blue.rahul.net...

    > You want cheap:
    >

    > L1
    > DC source ----))))))))----------------------- To others
    > or load ! !
    > \ R1 --- C1
    > / ---
    > \ !
    > ! R4 / R2
    > ! -/\/\/--- \
    > !--------------! ! ! ! / R3
    > ! Micro TXD!---!!- ! /+!------/\/\/-- Vcc/2
    > ! ! C2 ! / !
    > ! RXD!------------ ! U1
    > !--------------! \ !
    > \-!---- Vcc/2

    what would be the disadvantage of removing U1 and all connected parts on
    receiving side and connecting C1 directly to RXD grounded through input
    impedance resistor ? Now that's inexpensive :)

    As for the protection of RXD from spikes, I would consider the built-in
    clamp diodes (some microcontrollers have them) together with R2.

    Roman

    • Re: Simple data bus over DC Power Wires
      ... what would be the disadvantage of removing U1 and all connected parts on ... receiving side and connecting C1 directly to RXD grounded through input ... As for the protection of RXD from spikes, ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: VAX console Cable
      ... I tried with the cable on lammerbytes, but it didn't worked, because ... it is a flat cable, while you need a crossed cable, connecting every ... RXD to TXD and every DTR to DSR. ... crossing connection. ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • Re: apt bug in install
      ... Removing the line solved the issue. ... doesnt occur when dist-upgrading, ... which worked fine for me connecting to the normal repo's but only gave issues when connecting to my apt-proxy server, changing it back works fine just disappointing it was changed so late and then wasn't able to be fixed in time for the release. ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Error 678
      ... I recently started receiving the following error message when surfing the Internet: ... The remote computer did not respond. ... The machine in question is not connecting via wireless. ...
    • Re: Simple data bus over DC Power Wires
      ... >what would be the disadvantage of removing U1 and all connected parts on ... >receiving side and connecting C1 directly to RXD grounded through input ... If the micro has an ADC you could perhaps do without the U1. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)